Toggle shoutbox Squawk box Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Heather : (23 April 2014 - 05:43 PM) Think its for emergency or to say something short :-)
@  lenxn : (23 April 2014 - 05:33 PM) new to squawk box - is it like a continuous thread ?
@  Carlo Petrizzo : (23 April 2014 - 05:30 PM) The Members Map is not loading up.... Pls Help! :wall:
@  divegirl : (23 April 2014 - 12:56 PM) Nice one Heather!
@  harry : (23 April 2014 - 12:51 PM) well done cup of tea required for celebration
@  Heather : (23 April 2014 - 12:42 PM) Test results back, all are disease free :-)
@  Heather : (23 April 2014 - 12:34 PM) Got test results back - all clear for disease!! :-)
@  Theori : (23 April 2014 - 12:11 PM) Aww...Truman from trainedparrot.com is lost in Brooklin
@  Heather : (22 April 2014 - 12:41 PM) @lisa - oh no! Sorry to michael!
@  Sarah-Jane : (21 April 2014 - 06:15 PM) it's going down... im yelling timber!!!!!!
@  divegirl : (21 April 2014 - 05:05 PM) I think it's because she put a emoticon in the title.. maybe? I can open it fine from the pc
@  Michael Reyn... : (21 April 2014 - 05:00 PM) On Donna's Threadn after the title "sunshine" I have a oblong box and will not allow me to read her thread
@  divegirl : (21 April 2014 - 03:14 PM) I don't think that is spam Heather, Michael has been a member here for 2 years
@  Heather : (21 April 2014 - 10:28 AM) Lol!!
@  Theori : (20 April 2014 - 11:09 PM) I've had 6 cream eggs today Heather...is that enough? xD
@  KeyMe : (20 April 2014 - 02:21 PM) Oh lol
@  Heather : (18 April 2014 - 03:45 PM) Cant get em in france... So everyones to eat a cream egg for me!
@  Heather : (18 April 2014 - 11:03 AM) @keyme, i think its spam? :-/
@  KeyMe : (17 April 2014 - 08:06 PM) OMG! Miguelmac, there is no way that bird should be having any sort of chocolate, it's highly poisonous to animals including birds.
@  Jennywallace513 : (17 April 2014 - 02:11 PM) My African grey is really moulting the worst yet, should I be worried? She is a really happy bird so I don't think its stress she is 6 and lives in the lounge with us a 4 doggies and bud the budgie!
Photo

Birdline

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Admin

Admin

• Administrator
  • 2 posts
    • Time Online: 4m 37s

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

We have quite a few existing and potential Birdline members on the site. We understand that Birdline have some quite formal rules in connection with discussing safehousing birds and birdline activities and we don't want to create conflict with Birdline and undermine their work so we ask that people interested in volunteering for birdline contact them directly. Once a SH bird is on the rehome list and SH members are able to talk about their bird we would love to hear about it but until then could we ask that all problems/ issues are posted directly to Birdline.

#2 OFFLINE   Michelle

Michelle

Gobby

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 1h 33m 28s
  • Parrots Owned:Charlie
  • Hatchdate:2009

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Surely asking for knowledgeable advice but keeping the bird anonymous is acceptable ? That's how I understood it ?????

#3 OFFLINE   Liz

Liz

Miss Whiplash

• Administrator
  • 16,232 posts
    • Time Online: 62d 4h 39m 44s
  • Parrots Owned:Nico CAG
  • Hatchdate:6th April 2009

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

I think that the rules Birdline have are quite formal and they would prefer people to go to them as their first contact point if there are issues, they have a lot more experience with problem birds, they would also want to be given the opportuity to help with problems so that it doesn't look like they simply house these birds then leave people to either sink or swim. We aren't trying to upset anyone and obviously we want to help in any way we can but we don't want to undermine the work and reputation of Birdline.

#4 OFFLINE   KerstinB

KerstinB

Blabbermouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
    • Time Online: 32d 32m 43s
  • Parrots Owned:Baby CAG / Luna CAG / Coco CAG / Boris CAG / Frankie TAG / Alberto TAG / Billy TAG
  • Hatchdate:01/2011 - 11/2011 - 05/2009 - 1986 - 1992 -09/2001 - 05/2003

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

I agree liz - they dont like birds being discussed on other forums and yes they have experience with problem birds..thats mainly why we get them in :(

But you doing brilliant anyway michelle, saw your post on FB xxx

#5 OFFLINE   Michelle

Michelle

Gobby

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 1h 33m 28s
  • Parrots Owned:Charlie
  • Hatchdate:2009

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Oh ok  :thumbsup:

#6 OFFLINE   Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds

Blabbermouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,650 posts
    • Time Online: 55d 20h 24m 54s
  • Parrots Owned:1 african grey 1 pair firey shouldered conures 1 pair blue Throated conure 1 pair maroon bellied conurs 1 pair of pineapple green cheek conures 1 blue crowend conure One green cheek conure 1 pair of orange wing amazon 1 port lincoln 1 female baraband 1 pair crimson rosella plus One male 5 indian ringnecks 2 senagel 1 pair linnonated parrokeets 1 pair parrolets 1 gouldions 12 zebra finches 1 chocolate and 1 fawn bengle finch 10 budgies 2 kakarikies 1 savere Macaw 3 red rumps 7 cockatils.1pair golden manteled rossellas, 1 Male Australian King. And 1 young female austrailian king parrot two plumhead

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

Birdline do a fantastic job and their rules work.  They should be consulted with any problem first as they are the ones whom have to finance the bills that may have to be paid.  The keepers some may be members are the rescued birds life line and safe housing especialy if a court case or dispute over the bird is in progress are the need.  I would hate to take on advice given from a member of the forum that may be wrong and cause a charity to have to spend more to get the bird back to health.  I admire the cares whom can give their love for suce a needy reason but most of all they can let them go to a forever home.  I could never do that as I get too attached so well done birdline and well done the many volenteer cares.

#7 OFFLINE   Tracey

Tracey

What's one more?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
    • Time Online: 11d 22h 22m 1s
  • Parrots Owned:Cookie(Congo African Grey)
    Crackers,Shaggy,London,
    Paris(Finches)
    Snowy,Storm(Budgies)
    Jack,Polly,Peaches,Pebbles(Cockatiels)
    Sunshine,Rain(Canaries)
    Pandora,
    Charlie(Black Headed Caiques)
    Sammy(Senegal)
    Jasper(Sun Conure)
    Chuckie(Blue&Gold Macaw)
    Scooby(R.I.P)

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

I agree liz - they dont like birds being discussed on other forums and yes they have experience with problem birds..thats mainly why we get them in :(

But you doing brilliant anyway michelle, saw your post on FB xxx

Its mainly problem birds that get rehomed.

#8 OFFLINE   Liz

Liz

Miss Whiplash

• Administrator
  • 16,232 posts
    • Time Online: 62d 4h 39m 44s
  • Parrots Owned:Nico CAG
  • Hatchdate:6th April 2009

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

I agree there are a lot of problem birds that get rehomed but there are a lot that get rehomed because their owners are sick or move and circumstances change, one of the disadvantages of a long lived pet :( Saying it's mainly problem birds that get rehomed may put potential forever homes off looking at a rehome when in fact there are lots of lovely rehomes out there. 

#9 OFFLINE   KerstinB

KerstinB

Blabbermouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Parrots Owned:Baby CAG / Luna CAG / Coco CAG / Boris CAG / Frankie TAG / Alberto TAG / Billy TAG

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

i disagree tracey..yes there are a lot of problem birds but i have to say from my 12 sh birds 2 are really problem birds but rest not. they been handed in as problem birds..vicious, not handable etc but they are sweet and lovely with me so it shows me that some people just dont have a clue how to handle them

a lot come in cause people cant afford vet bills after birds been on wrong diet years and get ill or pluck, or they hand them in cause the bird now likes the partner more, or because he doesnt talk.... 

#10 OFFLINE   Michael Reynolds

Michael Reynolds

Blabbermouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,650 posts
    • Time Online: 55d 20h 24m 54s
  • Parrots Owned:1 african grey 1 pair firey shouldered conures 1 pair blue Throated conure 1 pair maroon bellied conurs 1 pair of pineapple green cheek conures 1 blue crowend conure One green cheek conure 1 pair of orange wing amazon 1 port lincoln 1 female baraband 1 pair crimson rosella plus One male 5 indian ringnecks 2 senagel 1 pair linnonated parrokeets 1 pair parrolets 1 gouldions 12 zebra finches 1 chocolate and 1 fawn bengle finch 10 budgies 2 kakarikies 1 savere Macaw 3 red rumps 7 cockatils.1pair golden manteled rossellas, 1 Male Australian King. And 1 young female austrailian king parrot two plumhead

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

Birdline dosent chose and what they get is what they need to rehome.  I  know that birds cannot be garanteed to talk or not poop in the wrong place ect.  Its amazing how what could be a troubled bird can also be the sweetest friend of all.  It is a relationship that takes patients trust love and respect that makes or breakes any bird and in a lot of cases repairing the damage from its past will take time.  not all birds have problems and most are like any pet whom has to get used to you after being with some one else (maybe a very loving person).  I am not in birdline I do take on birds and just the last week two cockatils both a little nervy One has settled in very well the other needs time to ajust and gain trust is it a problem bird.  can fly not very well but prefers to stay in cage all day he has one wing smaller than the other will come close to me now and also taking food from my hand it has that little extra something that will I know turn into a very lovely loving bird.  and he has two females chasing him.  I dont think any are problem birds just problem people.

#11 OFFLINE   KerstinB

KerstinB

Blabbermouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

well said michael xxx

#12 OFFLINE   mary

mary

Blabbermouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts
    • Time Online: 29d 18h 38m 43s
  • Parrots Owned:Thabo Kato Hollie, Alfie,George,Herbie, Chico
  • Hatchdate:22/2/2011, 22/6/2001, 5/6/1996, age unknown, age unknown,
    31st July 2010, December 2011

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

Yes well said :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hello and welcome to The Parrot Club Forum, please Login or Register to use all features and chat with our friendly members.